1. Not knowing how much they can afford to pay for a house before they make an offer.
2. Not Finding out in advance whom the real estate agent represents.
3. Not realizing that the wrong mortgage can cost thousands of dollars in unnecessary interest and taxes.
4. Not discovering hidden defects before buying a home.
5. Not knowing how debt can affect their ability to buy or refinance a home.
1. Get pre-qualified for a mortgage from a Lender, so you know in advance exactly how much you can afford.
2. Ask your Realtor Unless the agent is working as your buyer representative, they are working for the Seller.
3. Get professional information regarding the long-term impact on your income and real estate investment.
4. Hire a licensed Home Inspector to conduct a pre-purchase home inspection.